1. Where is the CSU Application located? The CSU general application is located at csumentor.edu. You can submit all your CSU applications via one site.
|Where to find the Admission Application.|
2. I want to apply for fall 2013. Where do I go? Applications have to be submitted a year in advance. To attend Chico State for fall 2013, you actually have to apply in the fall 2012. See the screen shot below. The fall 2013 application deadline is November 30th.
|Make sure to select the right application period.|
3. If I'm a transfer student, what's my entry status? We're not accepting lower division transfer students currently, so if you list that you have less than 60 units you will not be able to submit your application. Indicate that you will have 60 transferable units or more by the time of entry or reentry into CSU Chico. You can include units that are in progress and planned.
|Transfer students and first-time freshmen have different entry statuses.|
3a. I'm a high school student, what's my entry status? High school students are either "graduating seniors with no college credit" or "graduating seniors with college credit" (including AP, IB). Never indicate that you are a transfer student, even if you'll have an associates degree when you graduate high school. Note that you can save your application and come back to it later if you save it before you log off.
|If you do not fall into any of the independent categories you are a dependent student.|
4. I'm over 18. Can I consider myself an independent student? Technically-students are not considered independent until they are:
If you don't fall into any of these categories then you are a dependent student and should report your parent's income information on the application. This information will be used to determine if you are eligible for the fee waiver.
|No scores yet? Indicate when you plan to take them.|
5. I'm a high school student and I won't have my test scores before November 30th. What should I put on the application? If you don't have SAT or ACT Tests before the November 30th submission deadline, just indicate the month and year you intend to take the test. Remember December 2012 is the last month to test for admission.
|Red messages mean something is wrong.|
6. I keep getting these red messages and I can't move on in the application. What's going on? Red messages are triggered when information has been entered incorrectly or information is missing. If you're sure you've entered information correctly and the red message is still appearing, just check the red box and move forward to the next section of the application or call the Office of Admissions for help.
7. I'm a transfer student and I'm not sure about my GPA. Can I leave that area blank? No, GPA must be listed. The application won't submit with your transfer GPA. Also make sure to include all the previous colleges you attended.
8. If I'm a transfer student do I have to list all the classes I took in high school? No, the only high school information we require is the name of your high school and the date of your high school graduation. The only coursework we need to see is what you're currently enrolled in or plan to take in spring. However, it is super important to list your "Golden Four" courses for admission.
9. I'm a high school student and I re-took a class. Do I have to list the bad grade that I made up? No, high school students can list their new and improved grade.
10. How do I make sure I submitted my application? Students have to sign the application and indicate how they are going to pay the $55 dollar application fee if they are not eligible for the fee waiver.
Once you sign the application and indicate your payment method, you can submit the application at the bottom of the page. If you have truly submitted your application, you'll see it in the application manager.
If you don't see an application on file, something went wrong and you'll need to go back and resubmit. You'll also be issued a confirmation document immediately after submission that you should print out and keep for your records.
I hope that was helpful for you! The CSU Mentor website has a helpful tutorial available and written instructions for both Freshmen and Transfer applicants. They have also provided technical support pages and contact information if you need further help. Good luck and remember the last day to apply is November 30th! Don't wait till the last minute!