Monday, December 17, 2012
Everything You Wanted To Know After Submitting Your Admission Application But Were Afraid To Ask Part I
Congratulations! You've submitted your fall 2013 application for admission and you probably have a ton of questions about your next step, or maybe you don't exactly know what your next step is! I wanted to answer some questions that may be going through your head right now.
1. My friend/sister/neighbor missed the November 30th application deadline! Is it too late to apply for fall? Yes! You can find a list of other CSU campuses still accepting applications here: http://www.csumentor.edu/. Just click on "Is your campus still accepting applications?" in the lower right-hand corner.
2. When is the next time they can apply? The next potential application period will be for the spring 2014 semester. We're not entirely sure at this point what the spring application status will be and we won't know until late summer. Students should check back with us then to get a final status on spring. If the application does open, it will be available beginning August 1, 2013 and will close on August 31, 2013. The spring semester will begin in January 2014.
3. When will I hear if I've been admitted? Admissions decisions go out on an on-going, rolling basis, so you could potentially learn if you've been admitted as early as January and or as late as April. It's best to check your CSU Chico portal account and Wildcat email account regularly to get the most up to date information about your application status. Your portal account is the first place where you can find out if you've been admitted.
4. You said check my portal account. What is that? Your CSU Chico portal account gives you access to your Student Center. The Student Center is where you can check your admission status, your hold and to-do list and everything you'll need as a student at Chico State. The portal can be accessed via our main page, www.csuchico.edu. Once you create your portal you also create your Chico State email account which you also need to check regularly.
5. Should I send my transcripts now? Unless the Admissions Office contacts you directly via your Chico State Wildcat email asking for a transcript, no. Final transcripts will be due on July 15th.
Stay tuned for part two of this series where I'll tackle some more questions applicants may have!