Monday, December 17, 2012

Everything You Wanted To Know After Submitting Your Admission Application But Were Afraid to Ask Part II

 
Let's jump right into part two and answer some more questions you may have. 
 
6.  I really want to go to Chico, but I don't think I can afford it.  What should I do?  Check for scholarships in your local community.  Many times scholarships go unclaimed for lack of applicants.  Be sure to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid beginning January 1, 2013 by the March 2nd priority filing deadline.  With financial aid, the early bird sometimes gets the worm.  It its OK to estimate income amounts-don't wait!
 
6a.  I just realized I made a mistake on my application!  What should I do?  Send an email to info@csuchico.edu with your name, date of birth and if you have it, your Chico State ID number.  Just explain what the mistake was and we'll make the correction for you.   If it is sensitive information, like a social security number, call our office with the change. 
 
7.  I'm doing really badly in a class.  Can I drop it?  It depends.  If you're a high school student and you need the course to complete your A-G requirements or you're a community college student who needs the course as part of the "Golden Four" core classes or to meet the admission unit quota, then dropping the course could effect your application.  It's best to call our office to check. 
 
8.  I know I'm going to fail a course I need for admission.  What can I do?  Again, it's important to call our office to see what your options are.  Both high school and transfer students have until the end of the spring semester to make up any kind of deficiencies for admission.  Summer course work isn't allowed to meet admission requirements.
 
9.  What if my friend gets admitted before I do?  What should I do?  Don't panic.  Processing applications is a long and involved undertaking.  Our staff goes through your file with a  fine tooth comb and that process can't be rushed.  Make sure you're checking both your portal and your Wildcat email because it could be that we're missing information from you to make a final decision and you haven't responded to our request. 
 
10.  After I'm admitted to Chico State I don't have to worry about anything else right?  I'm all set?  Actually, all admission decisions are conditional, that means they aren't permanent and can still be taken back if students fail to meet admission requirements.  Your admission decision is permanent once we get your final transcript with your final grades on it.  If you're a high school student, your graduation date should on your official transcript as well.  Once you're admitted you'll receive a What's Next flyer with a month by month check list of everything you'll still need to do, like taking placement tests and applying for housing.
 
 That's all for now!  Perhaps you'll be walking our hallowed halls this time next year!  Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment